Spread-Betting.org provides this website and any content and images or other data held herein subject to the following terms and conditions. By accessing Spread-Betting.org you are agreeing to the following terms.
- Risk Warning
- Professional Advice and Liability
- Comparison Information, Company Information and Data
- Legal Jurisdiction and Regulatory Bodies
- These terms and conditions are applicable to any use of Spread-Betting.org, by accessing Spread-Betting.org you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Spread-Betting.org reserves the right to update and/or amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes shall become effective immediately.
- If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you may not access this website.
- Spread-Betting.org has designed this website for persons aged 18 and over. By using this website you agree that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Spread Betting, Margined Forex and Contracts for Difference are leveraged forms of trading which involve high levels of risk to your investment capital. It is possible to lose more than your original stake. If you are trading via Spread Betting, Margined Forex and/or Contracts for Difference you should make sure that you only trade with funds that you can afford to lose. Make sure that you fully recognise the risk involved when trading with these products. It is important to note that leveraged investment products may not be suitable for your investment needs. Where appropriate, seek independent financial advice.
Professional Advice and Liability
- The content made available on Spread-Betting.org is only provided on the understanding that Spread-Betting.org is not engaged in the rendering of any professional advice and services.
- Before acting upon any information displayed on Spread-Betting.org you are advised to seek independent professional financial advice.
- All content made available on this website is provided without warranty of any kind.
- Spread-Betting.org is not authorised to provide investments, financial advice or arrangements.
- Neither Spread-Betting.org nor any contributing individual author or company endorse the information, data and analysis made available on this site. Any such information, data and analysis is provided purely for information purposes and is given as a personal view by the respective author. Under no circumstances shall the information contained on Spread-Betting.org be used or considered as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy.
- The investments referred to on Spread-Betting.org may not be suitable investments for all persons. Any user of this website should carefully consider whether any of these investments are suited to their needs, if in any doubt consult an independent financial adviser.
- Whilst Spread-Betting.org has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information made available on this site, the information given is subject to change, often without notice. The information is for guidance only and no liability is accepted by Spread-Betting.org for its accuracy or otherwise.
- Whilst Spread-Betting.org makes every effort to prohibit unauthorised usage of this site, it cannot prevent determined and deliberate avoidance or evasion of the regulations and therefore does not guarantee local jurisdictional compliance.
- Spread-Betting.org provides interactive internet services and is engaged in the formatting, transmission, retrieval, storage, hosting and/or translation of third party communications without selection or alteration of the information of the communication for which Spread-Betting.org is merely a conduit. Spread-Betting.org has no responsibility to review the information on this site and that all such information is made available on the basis that Spread-Betting.org shall not be required to exercise any judgment or control over the information contained on this site.
- Any views expressed in any information on this website are the views of the individual contributing author(s) and are not views of Spread-Betting.org unless specifically stated to be so. In particular, and without limitation to the above, Spread-Betting.org is not responsible for and disclaim any and all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any communications.
- Spread-Betting.org gives no warranty and makes no representation with regards to the accuracy or validity of the information contained within any communications from or on this website and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of any use of such information.
- Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information on this website is not untrue or misleading at the time of publication, Spread-Betting.org makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and, as such, it should not be relied upon.
- Spread-Betting.org and any contributing author or company accept no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss arising from use of the information on this website.
- This website is for personal use only and made available on an ‘as is’ basis. The information on this website may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. The information on this website is provided without any warranties or representations of any kind (whether express or implied by law), and all such warranties and representations are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, hereby excluded.
- The information on Spread-Betting.org is not directed at residents of the United States of America or any particular country outside the UK and it is not intended for use by, or distribution to, any person in any country or jurisdiction where such use or distribution would be contrary to the local laws or regulations. It is the responsibility of users of Spread-Betting.org to ascertain the terms of and local laws and regulations and comply with any such local laws and/or regulations.
- As at July 2011, spread betting is tax free in the UK however tax law can change and can differ depending upon your personal circumstances.
- All content including any text, data, graphics, images and source code, is the property of Spread-Betting.org and is protected by UK and international copyright laws.
- Copyright protection extends to the design, look and feel of Spread-Betting.org, including without limitation all images and designs on it and the source code used to create it.
- Users may download and print extracts of content from Spread-Betting.org for research purposes and non-commercial use only, but only provided that it remains unchanged and that all copyright notices displayed on the website and are maintained.
- Spread-Betting.org does not permit republication or redistribution of any content.
- This website and logos are trade names and/or trademarks including, without limitation, Spread-Betting.org. Any such trade names and trademarks may not be used by you or any third party without the express written permission of Spread-Betting.org.
- You may not distribute or disclose any information contained on Spread-Betting.org without the prior written consent of Spread-Betting.org.
- If you believe your Intellectual Property rights have been infringed by any content on Spread-Betting.org, please email us at the address shown, identifying the copyrighted work, the infringing material on Spread-Betting.org that you would like to be removed, your name, email, postal address, company name and daytime telephone number.
- You may not download, copy, reproduce, transmit, broadcast, publish, modify, store or otherwise commercially exploit or use any part of Spread-Betting.org without the express written permission of Spread-Betting.org.
- Spread-Betting.org is committed to protecting your privacy and will only use information collected about you and your usage of this website in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 ("E-Communications Regulations"), the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Electronic Commerce Regulations 2002 ("E-Commerce Directive"). Spread-Betting.org collects information to enable us to process your requests and requirements and in order to provide you with an up–to-date, efficient and reliable service.
- Spread-Betting.org may ask you to submit personal data to this website, for example your contact details including name, email and post address, in order to enable us to provide you with the services available through this website and any communications to and/or from this website. Any such information will be kept securely in accordance with the internal Spread-Betting.org security policy and may be used, stored and processed to improve the administration, operation and development of this website as well as for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, but only in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 1998.
- In order to improve service offered by Spread-Betting.org, Spread-Betting.org may use a data storage device known as a cookie. A cookie is a means by which data relating to your internet activity, such as whether you have visited Spread-Betting.org before, is recorded and used by us to improve Spread-Betting.org and the services made available on this website.
Comparison Information and Tables, Company Information and Data
- As stated above, all reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information on this website is not untrue or misleading at the time of publication however Spread-Betting.org makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and, as such, it should not be relied upon.
- Where the spread size has been quoted, it is the ‘typical’ spread size that has been quoted. Note that spread sizes tend to vary under a number of circumstances including, but not limited to:
- When trading outside of normal market hours
- When you employ a Guaranteed Stop order
- The first 30-60 minutes of the trading day
- Futures markets where spreads can often change as the market gets closer / further away from the settlement date
- Extraordinary market events, for example the 2011 Japanese Tsunami
- †† represents a Minimum Spread. Minimum Spreads are the lowest spread for a given spread betting market. If the spread on the underlying market should widen then the spread on the spread betting market may also widen.
- Spreads are quoted in tic, pip or point size.
- Where minimum stakes are quoted this refers to the typical minimum online stakes, stakes for phone trade may differ.
- New accounts with companies listed on this site are normally subject to status, suitability, identity checks, terms and conditions.
- Trading offers such as new account offers with companies listed on this site are subject to terms and conditions.
- Credit Accounts with companies listed on this site are normally subject to status, suitability, terms and conditions, identity checks and proof of liquid funds.
- If Credit Accounts are not available for a given company then that means that only Deposit Accounts are offered.
- 24 hour trading refers to trading hours of "late on Sunday night to Friday evening". Exact trading hours are subject to public holidays and will vary from company to company. Typically only popular markets are available for 24 hour trading, for example, the FTSE 100 and major forex majors may be available. Less popular markets will often close. Spread sizes may by wider in out-of-hours trading. Whilst the FTSE 100 may be available for 24 hour trading be aware that it may still close for 30 minutes each evening and such timing will vary from company to company.
- FSA refers to whether the firm is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
- All information and data is subject to change without notice or warning and given without warranty.
- Last update of company and market information and sources:
- Capital Spreads, 14 July 2011
- ETX Capital, 10 April 2011
- Financial Spreads, 14 July 2011
- FXCM, 28 July 2011. Typical Spreads for FXCM were derived from the weighted average spread for 1 June 2011 to 30 June 2011.
- GFT, 26 July 2011
- IG Index, 10 April 2011
- InterTrader, 12 July 2011
- Spreadex, 10 April 2011
- The comparison tables are not meant to be inclusive, spread betting services and other trading services are also available with other companies.
Legal Jurisdiction and Regulatory Bodies
- Spread-Betting.org is not authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
- These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
With financial spread betting you can lose more than your original stake or investment. Spread betting carries a high level of risk to your capital. Please familiarise yourself with the risks that are involved and before trading, ensure that financial spread betting matches your investment objectives. Seek independent advice where necessary.
For related pages and articles see:
About Us - article last updated: 28 November 2012
About Spread-Betting.org, the financial spread betting website ...more: About Us.
Contact Us - article last updated: 28 November 2012
Contact and address details for Spread-Betting.org ...more: Contact Us.
With spread betting you can lose more than your original stake or investment. Spread betting carries a high level of risk to your capital so please familiarise yourself with the risks that are involved and, before trading, ensure that spread betting matches your investment objectives. Seek independent advice where necessary.
* Based on current UK tax law. Tax law may change and can differ depending on your personal circumstances.